Saturday, October 16, 2010

New Music Reviews 4 the Week

Keyshia Cole Ft. Nicki Minaj – “I Ain’t Thru”
http://hulkshare.com/wl7m2ytjm9cm

- Keyshia’s first single off of her upcoming 4th album due out in December. I am in love the beat which features an organ. Nicki enters during the second verse spitting her typical Nicki Minaj lyrics, the song is not a club banger but I am feeling it either way. I think this is a good track to announce her return after becoming a new Mother and Fiancé.


T.I. Ft. Chris Brown – “Get Back Up”

Even tho T.I. is having a list of issues involving the police, that has not stopped him from staying on top of his music game. He teams up with “Takers” co-star Chris Brown on this new track. In this song they refer to getting back up after getting knocked down. Both T.I. and Chris Brown have had their share of issues over the past year and a half. This track has a really good message and the beat is good to.


Flo-Rida - “Turn Around (5, 4, 3, 2, 1,)”
http://hulkshare.com/mn066o1oq626


So when I heard that this was a Euro-dance track I was a lil nervous about how it would sound but after listening to it I can honestly say that this track is hot! This is most def a club banger, ladies (and some gentlemen) this track will make you want to hit the dance floor for some booty shakin’. This track is on his upcoming third album “Only 1 Flo” due to be released on November 30th.


Young Chris Ft. Rico Love – “Break A Bitch Down”

http://hulkshare.com/erhp4oxolhk4

I really think this song is so-so. I am not completely enthused by this track.It really sounds like the typically southern rap song and very similar to Souja Boy as far as the way that the lyrics are delivered. I was also caught off guard by Rico Love on this track since he is typically known for Euro-dance tracks. This track really didn’t impress me


Rihanna Ft. Drake – “What’s My Name”

http://hulkshare.com/pez4i5m0x37w

This is an interesting track with a slight island groove to it. Beyond the rumored relationship between Rihanna and Drake this is a good track, almost has a lil summertime feel to it. This will be the send single from Rihanna’s new album “Loud” due to be released November 16th


Monica Ft. Trey Songz – “Here I Am” (Remix)


Monica FINALLY releases her third single 7 months after her platinum selling album “Still Standing” dropped this past March. Although this is understandable since she was on tour with Trey for his nationwide “Passion, Pain & Pleasure” tour. The song “Here I Am” was originally set to be remixed with fellow label mate Jamie Foxx. Monica says “It’s a special song to me because it’s totally different than what I normally do” in a Rap-Up TV interview. The song was written by Ester Dean and was originally written for a man. The lyrics were changed around to suit a woman and I can say all in all I like this track. I actually think the album version is better tho.







Follow me on Twitter.com/basiccomplexity

No comments: