Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Miami Carnival Blows into Town this Weekend


From the Desk of King in Miami
Follow me on Twitter for the Latest Haps in South Florida
------------------------------------------

Whew! I must apologize for my long absence from Andresflava and the blogging world. I been working on building my dancing empire in Miami and it is alot of work. But I am back and a B#%$&! has alot to say. As always I will give it to you rough and without the fluff. With all things considered, lets ease into it very SLOWLY.

Well, one my favorite weekends are upon us, Miami Carnival weekend! All my Caribbean bruthas and sistas will be in town living it up Miami style. This is the first year in recent memory that Miami and Broward are combining their celebrations. I guess the recession had everyone consolidating. It starts will a flag party on Friday. The party will keep going on Saturday night with a Carnival party at the Vault Miami (www.thevaultmiami.com) with 2 floors, DJ Blaze in the mix, FREE food and giveaways. And it culminates on Sunday with a huge parade into downtown Miami with HUGE floats, exotic costumes, and Caribbean bands. If you got a few dollars to spend, it's a trip worth taking to Miami this weekend. Plus there is no work for most of us on Monday, since it will be Columbus Day. The flotilla is also this weekend, meaning South Florida waterways will be filled with yachts, boats, and jet skis.

Follow me on Twitter for the Miami Carnival Updates and Columbus Day festivities here in Miami. AND yes, it is expected to be in the 90's this weekend, so bring shorts! For more info on Miami Carnival, check out their website, www.miamicarnival.net.

No comments: