Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Motherfucker With the Hat Broadway Show Review starring Chris Rock

Last week I was got an opportunity to see an preview of the play The Motherfucker With the Hat the play by Stephen Adly Guirgis took place at Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre. The play also includes Bobby Cannavale, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Annabella Sciorra and Yul Vazquez. The play is about a couple – Jackie (Cannavale) and Veronica (Rodriguez) – who’ve been in love with each other since they were kids, but after years of drugs and alcohol addiction, Jackie has sobered up with the help of his AA sponsor, Ralph D. (played by Chris Rock); however, Veronica, hasn’t.



When I tell you that this play which is an 1 and 30 mins is worth every minute of sitting down and enjoying cause It will make you laugh, It will make you cry, but most of all it will have you coming out thinking and talking about the play in a good way. Chris Rock who we all know for his comedic roles makes his dramatic debut on Broadway and he did not disappoint at all. Sadly i wish i could not get any footage of the play or video still at all, but i highly recommend that you come to NYC if your not in NYC and see this great play which debuted yesterday and will be lasting for 15 weeks at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theater hopefully I can use my power to get an interview with Chris Rock. crossing fingers. Also this was my first time seeing an actually Broadway play so it was well worth the expierence.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sad that I cannot afford to see this play. I'd LOVE to see it!!!!!!!!!!!! damn.

Unknown said...

I am so sad that I can't afford to see this. It looks SO good! damn.