Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fantasia: Opening Up to Oprah Winfrey 2day!


Fantasia Barrino will appear on 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' Feb. 3.

The platinum-selling, eight-time Grammy Award nominated 'American Idol' champ will open up to Winfrey -- who is the producer of the acclaimed theater musical 'The Color Purple' -- about some of her highly-publicized dramas and a few previously unknown details of her life, which is captured on her hit VH1 reality series 'Fantasia For Real.' (Exclusive excerpts are below.) As previously reported by BV Newswire, the show was ratings bonanza for VH1 during its premiere.

Fantasia will debut her new song, 'Even Angels,' which will be featured on her third J Records album – due for release this spring.Interview Excerpts:

On missed performances of The Color Purple
FANTASIA: And towards the end of The Color Purple I would get very tired. Not enough sleep. I would be pushing myself. And at times – OPRAH: Because it's hard to come down after the show, right. FANTASIA: Well, the tumors were taking a lot out of me. OPRAH: So you were singing with the tumors. FANTASIA: Singing with the tumors. And if I wasn't on the stage, I was in the hospital getting an IV. But these are things that nobody would have ever known. OPRAH: Why didn't you tell me? FANTASIA: Well, I couldn't find you, Oprah. (Laughter.) OPRAH: I'm a phone call away. I mean, really, why didn't you say -- if not me, why didn't you say to someone, look, I'm -- I'm going through this? Because we didn't know that.

On taking care of her family
FANTASIA: I couldn't work or sing for six weeks. And as you can see, I take care of my whole family and it wasn't good for me, because who was gonna pay the bills? But I'm like, well, Lord, I've been through a lot. Why this now? I have so many people that I have to take care of. So it -- it -- OPRAH: So what is the answer? What did the Lord say? FANTASIA: Stop taking care of everybody. (laughter)

On what happened to all of her money
OPRAH: What happened to all the money? Because first of all everybody assumes when you come off "American Idol" you go make the first album, especially if they bought the album, you have millions of dollars coming in. Were there millions of dollars coming in? FANTASIA: You know, I don't want to throw anybody under the bus. I do believe there was a lot of money coming in. I just don't know where it was going.

No comments: