Monday, November 2, 2009

A Very Scary Weekend in Miami- Jensen Atwood, South Beach, & More


From the Desk of King in Miami
Follow me on Twitter for the Latest in SoFlo Haps

A very scary weekend in Miami indeed...one that will give me nightmares for the next few days. But unlike my previous frightening dreams, I will be awaiting these nightmares with great anticipation. It was a great Halloween weekend in Miami.

It started off with the Kick-off party with Jensen Atwood aka Wade of Noah's Arc. The Vault Miami (www.thevaultmiami.com) is definitely doing big things by bringing in a highly recognized celebrity. The Vault had several out of town visitors from D.C. and ATL who flew into Miami for this once in a lifetime opportunity to party with Jensen. And the Vault didn't disappoint. Saturday night was "All About Jensen". From the photo ops to the autogragh signing to a raffle for dinner with Jensen, Saturday was a night to remember. The Vault also provided all its patrons a FREE shotglass as a thank-you for partying with them this weekend. I had a chance to speak with Jensen briefly on Friday and I was kind of thrown back. I must admit I have NEVER watched Noah's Arc series or movie. I really didn't know what to expect from him and the coonversation. But I was pleasantly surprised by how approachable he was when dealing with his fans. Even while his agent/manager and bodyguard stood by, he was still super cool and friendly. Not cocky or superficial, but his demeanor was like a friend you haven't seen in a very long time. Super nice guy would be my overall impression of Jensen.

During the Q&A session with Nic Nac at the Vault on Sunday, Jensen answered questions about his experience working with Halle Berry in "Eyes Were Watching God" to his most recent project, a music video. Jensen has done several projects and I am sure we will see great things from him in the future.

The bussel of Miami has got me wooped from the partying on South Beach and Lincoln Road, to the over the top party at Vault. Time to take a break and get ready for Thanksgiving. More pictures of Jensen and the weekend will be coming. I do apologize for the smokiness of some of the pictures. I was very close to the smoke machine in alot fo them. Take care folks. More King to come.

No comments: