Monday, April 27, 2015

Philly Weekend 4/23-26





I arrived in philly at noon on Thursday, and hop off the bus and across the street was the liberty bell it was my first extended trip to philly since 2011 according to foursquare and I told myself that today would be set aside to sight see, which i did. After leaving the liberty bell, i checked into the Apple Hostel it was my first time staying in a hostel and didn't know what to expect but i had heard great things from my friend darnell, who usually stays in them when he travels so i figured why the hell not and it was where i needed to be since all the festivities were close to the hostel. I check in a put my stuff in storage since my check in wasn't until after 2pm and walked to love parkland took that in and from there walked over to philadelphia museum of art, where the Rocky steps and Rocky Balboa statue is located and it was fun to feel like i was in the rocky movie running up the steps, lol. Friday was the Penn Relays at University of Pennsylvania which was good to see some track and field, I just hate that the weather was cold and windy which allowed my stay short. Saturday the Philly Board hosted a Gentlemen's brunch at smoking' bettys and even though the environment was cool the food was cold, so i was unable to enjoy it as much as i would have liked.  After the brunch I went window shopping to kill time before the day party happening on the other side of town in old city. I must say the day party was the place to be i got to see everyone i needed to see all in one place.lol Sunday was brunch and on the bus back to nyc.

Video from the day party below

https://instagram.com/p/1-Jo-JmAUG/?taken-by=andresflava


photos from the weekend

https://www.facebook.com/andreallenjr/media_set?set=a.10153280914672566.1073741867.502512565&type=3

No comments: