Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jazmine Sullivan Retires from music at 23

Hit R&B singer Jazmine Sullivan who has 2 albums out and is only 23 from Philly has moments ago via her official twitter page announces "she is taking a break from music". Jazmine has been singing since she was very young. She is also the protégé of rapper Missy Elliott. Her debut single "Need U Bad" reached number one on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, while her second single, "Bust Your Windows" peaked at number four.

Sullivan was initially signed to Jive Records at the age 16. There, she recorded an entire album titled Break My Little Heart, but the album was never released and Sullivan was dropped from the label. She maintained a working relationship with Missy Elliott, who had produced some of the tracks for Heart, and continued writing songs until she landed her current deal at J Records.
 Jazmine first album Fearless came out in 2008 and her follow up album "Love Me Back" which came out in November.  Below is Jazmine official announcement of her "retirement"
 
"I'm making an official announcement that i am taking a break from music. i'm trying to figure out who i am... w/out a mike, paper or pen. I promised myself when it wasn't fun anymore i wouldn't do it. and here i am. i'm not saying i wont ever sing again in my life becuz i dont believe that. but in this moment... rt now... i got some things to figure out. i love u all and appreciate u soooooo much. u have no idea how much u've inspired me and fed my ego. but the truth is that i have to believe in me whether you all do or not. and thats what i'm lookin for. that belief in myself. me. I. i love us. thanks for being here for me and riding with me on this journey. let us continue. "

Jazmine Sullivan Offical Twitter page is www.twitter.com/jsullivanmusic

No comments: