Monday, September 14, 2009

2009 MTV VMAs







Well if you were watching the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards last night then you are aware of the madness that took place last night at Radio City Music Hall. I kept telling folks that the 09 awards would be a historic night and indeed it was!

To Madonna opening of the show with a very heartfelt tribute to the king of pop Michael Jackson to Janet Jackson electricfying and emotional performance of "Scream" to Kanye West well words cant describe what he did as he distrupted the show when Taylor Shift won for Best Female Video. Kanye stormed the stage and said "Yo, Taylor, I'm really happy for you, and I'm going to let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time," he shouted. "One of the best videos of all time!" But the show ended with class At the end of the show, Beyonce let Swift have her moment when Beyonce won Video of the Year. She got on stage and asked Swift to join her. "I remember being 17-years old, up for my first MTV award for Destiny's Child and it was one of the most exciting moments of my life," she began. "So I would like for Taylor to come out and have her moment."Swift walked on stage and smiled as the crowd cheered."Maybe we could try this again?" Swift said, before thanking her brother and fans.

No comments: