Friday, May 15, 2009

Andresflava Response to Sizzle Miami Dwight Powell

5/15/09 11:18pm

Good Evening to All I hope you have had a productive week and everyone is enjoying there evening Hi this is Andre Allen of Andresflava I have been writing my blog for 4 years now and with my blog i write and express what is on my mind or whats goin on in the world because again its MY Blog and i am entitled to my opinons. I look at the mirror every morning and proud to be a BLACK GAY MAN CONTRIBUTING AND MAKING A DIFFERENCE INTHE LIVES OF OUR BLACK GAY COMMUNITY.



I want to first say i have read everyone's response and I thank you all for your comments forwarded message and PURE DRAMA this post has caused. I commend all promoters on their tireless efforts to provide quality events all year long I know your job is not easy at all,



Mr. Powell I have much respect for you as a person and I thought we had put our past in the past when you came to DC a few weeks past to Promote Sizzle Miami, I appreciate all you. But I will not be BELITTED BULLIED and HUMILATED.



A blog is set up so that someone can express their opinons on a particular subject or matter. AS IT WAS WRITTEN SEVERAL TIMES in my Miami Correspondents' post WHAT HE WRITES ON MY SITE IS TOTALLY HIS THOUGHTS AND COMMENTARY. YES ITS MY BLOG BUT NOT EVERYTHING HE WRITES I AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH I GIVE HIM THE SPACE TO WRITE IT AND COMPLETE ACCESS. WHEN DID FREEDOM OF SPEECH BE A BAD THING. WE AGREE TO DISAGREE AND I WOULD HOPE THAT MY LITTLE BLOG IS NOT THAT POWERFUL THAT HE HAS IGNITED HATRED AND BITTER STATEMENTS TOWARDS ME.



AGAIN I HOPE EVERYONE AROUND THE COUNTRY ENJOY THEIR MEMORIAL WEEKEND HOLIDAY. MUCH LOVE AND SUCCESS TO DWIGHT POWELL OF SIZZLE MIAMI, DARYL WILSON OF DW PROMOTIONS, SAN JUAN BROTHERS EVEN THOUGH THEIR EVENT IS NOT HAPPENING. MARIO D. HARRIS III OF WASSUPNATL THEIR EVENTS PLANNED FOR MEMORIAL WEEKEND AND LABOR DAY WEEKEND ANY OTHER PARTY PROMOTERS DOING ANY EVENTS IN 2009.



BELOW IS KING D. LAMAR RESPONSE TO DWIGHT AS WELL:



I am sorry that you feel that my commentarty “Greed is Ruining Pride” is counter productive to what you trying to achieve at Sizzle Miami. I would beg to differ that you are trying to help our community. Just to clear the air, as stated in ALL FOUR of my commentary pieces, the opinions expressed in my article are SOLELY MINE, and not that of AndresFlava or Andre Allen himself. My commentary was unedited and not previewed by anyone except myself. I am not interested in a war of words with you Dwight, but your comment deserves an immediate response. If you would like to continue this dialogue offline, Andre has my direct email and contact number. I would never object to a constructive adult conversation about this particular topic.

I do agree that Sizzle is no different from WHITE and BLACK prides as far as the events are concerned. IntheLifeATL, New York General Pride, White Party in Miami, Houston Splash, and DC Pride, all have featured a vendor area or village, such as Sizzle; a concert with a major recording artist, such as Sizzle; defintiely a White party, like Sizzle, and most, if not ALL, feature some type of nightlife, like Sizzle. However none of these places, events, or Prides, charge any of the outrageous prices that Sizzle does, however they are supplying the same type of events and “services” you are. Explain??? You tout that Sizzle is a “quality event” and the reason for the increased cost is due to the fact you run and promote for the entire year. Excuse me?!! Does IntheLifeATL, the White Party, DC Pride, all are run year round as well. Again, explain? How is Sizzle different? If I am not mistaken all of these places have a central headquarters, the same as Sizzle as well, however you tout Sizzle is different. Ran must the same, but in some weird way Sizzle is different.

At Sizzle’s inception you encouraged and promoted that Sizzle was for everyone. TRUE OR FALSE? Now in 2009, Sizzle has miraculously because “exclusive”. Sizzle is now for the Millionaire’s Club of Black and Gay society? If that is the case, Dwight you did a model call or let’s just say a public relation and marketing blitz disguised as a model call across the country. You DID NOT go to these cities across the country and hangout where the Millionaire’s were. You hung out and promote where the average joe’s hung out. Not to say my fellow black peers are average joe’s and don’t have the money. Case in point, if you marketed to the average joes, you should cater to the average joes. It is not that you lowered your expectations, you marketed to them, you should cater to them as well. The attitude you expressed in your comment was condescending and bourgeois. And again you stated, “ As long as I have a clientele that are in a position to afford the lever of service that we have to offer here at Sizzle Miami, then we have a win-win situation.” Can you please get off the island and join us the mainland? Please turn to CNN and watch for a few hours. Again you marketed to the average joes, as your clientele, and ccording to CNN, the average joe’s are not doing too well. And some of the millionaires, too.

As far as in uninformed individual, that is not true. I have been going to Prides and other “quality events” longer that Sizzle has been around. Promoters come and go, Prides wax and wane with crowds from year to year. I have worked closely with promoters to know business and have invited to by promoters to perform at Pride events. So that statement has not merit. But Dwight, please pay close attention to what is happening in D.C. Daryl Wilson was in the same position you are, a couple of years ago. And if you have read my commentary and compare it to today’s events with the decline of his grip on DC pride events….it is a fortelling of things to come, if you don’t decide to change your attitude and bring Pride back to what it used to be. I was there in the beginning when Sizzle was at Club Boi…please remember your humble beginnings. Don’t get to BIG for your britches, as my grandmother world say. Love you regardless,

King

May 15, 2009 6:47 PM

No comments: