Wednesday, December 1, 2010

WORLD's AIDS DAY 2010: Remebering those we have lost to AIDS

I have been working in the HIV/AIDS arena for the last 7 years, from 2003-2007 I was an HIV/AIDS outreach youth worker in Ft. Lauderdale, FL working with youth between the ages of 13-24 who were HIV positive as well as those at risk for HIV/AIDS. After moving here to the nation's capital i have been out the field but still associate and help out the community when I can.  Starting today I will be working with NAPWA the National Association for People With AIDS one of the largest HIV/AIDS organization in the country which is located here in the Washington DC area as an HIV/AIDS Outreach worker and tester. I am glad i am back in the HIV/AIDS field after a 3 year hiatus because i love getting back into the community and helping folks.  Below is an interview i did with blogger Darian Aaron a few years ago get into it and visit his site http://www.loldarian.com/



No comments: